Thursday, September 19, 2013

EMBATTLED ANAMBRA STATE COMMISSIONER RESIGNS


Chief Vincent Ejikeme Ezenwajiaku, who was declared wanted by the Special Fraud Unit, SFU, of the Nigeria Police for allegedly obtaining N10.6 million by false pretence and forgery has announced his resignation from the Anambra State Executive Council.

He has also sued the Commissioner of Police in charge of Special Fraud Unit, SFU, as well as one Chuks Mgbenena of NIMASA and CSP Okposiakpo Elolor for N250 million over what he described as an attempt to damage his reputation.

The embattled Anambra State commissioner spoke to the newsmen in Awka on Septmeber 19, 2013.

Chief Ezenwajiaku said the import of what the people were doing was just to take his pound of flesh because he was appointed a commissioner by Governor Peter Obi.

According to him, the amount involved was not N10.6 million, adding that Chuks Mgbemena and SFU just want to put him in bad light, to smear his hard-earned image that had taken him time to build and perhaps, to lose his job as commissioner in the state.

He said: "Since my life, I have never been involved in fraud, or arrested or detained by the police on anything concerning any form of illegality because it was a vow I took after my National Youth Service Corps.

"As a result of this raging fire, I am going further by resigning my position as the State Commissioner for Special Duties and I am going to tender my letter to Governor Obi first thing tomorrow morning (Friday), because I do not intend to embarrass this government.

"This is to prove my innocence until I clear my name of this mess. Whatever it will take to do it, I will do it".

In the suit instituted at the Awka High Court, Ezenwajiaku is urging the court to restrain Mr. Chucks Mgbemena, the Commissioner of Police in charge of SFU and CPS Elohor from arresting him or continuing to harass him, pending the determination of the suit.



No comments:

Post a Comment